Welcome to the Commissioning Support Programme
Please note that the Commissioning Support Programme ceased operating as of 31/12/2013 and this website is no longer active. For any general queries regarding the programme, please contact the member organisations directly.
About the Commissioning Support Programme
The Commissioning Support Programme (CSP) was launched in November 2008. It was set up to work flexibly with all local authorities in England and their partner organisations to help them achieve better outcomes for children, young people and their families. During the course of the programme, CSP has:
- Offered support to every single local authority in the country – 152 local areas.
- Run over 250 regional events with attendees of 6,700 people.
- Offered localised training and development in nine regions across the country.
- Delivered a comprehensive range of professional training courses to thousands of senior managers and practitioners in the areas of health, education and social care.
- Received over 600,000 visits to the Commissioning Support Programme website. 50,000 users have downloaded our resources.
- Been joined online by over 3,500 registered users who share best practice and access leading edge training.
- We have distributed over 30,000 CSP resources requested by commissioners.
- Organised 35 Special Interest Groups established across the country, who are tackling a range of social issues for children and young people.
- Worked alongside a range of government departments, agencies and national children’s charities in a way that no other organisation can.
- Developed a cutting-edge Outcomes and Efficiency model which is available to all 152 local authorities to help them make significant cuts in their budgets without limiting the effects on service delivery.